Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Homemade Hot Chocolate with Baileys

On the first day of the monster snow storm of 2014, Eric and I went for a walk before the negative temperatures set in.  When we got back we wanted something yummy to warm us up so I found this amazing hot chocolate recipe and I added to it.  



If you want the original recipe, go here.

First, I had to scale it down because it was only Eric and I.  Second, I wanted it right then and there so I had to make it on the stove not the crockpot.  Oh, and I had to add Baileys to give us that extra warmth on the cold winter night.  I made it in my wonderful new lodge cast iron pot!

Oh, and it was easy! 






Then I added homemade whipped cream on top which was WAY easier than I ever expected with my beautiful pink Kitchen Aid. 



Here is my recipe

2 1/2 Cups Milk
1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
1/4 Cup White Sugar
1/2 Cup Hot Water
4 shots of Bailey's (optional) 
1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream

1. In medium sauce pan heat up sugar, cocoa powder, and water over medium-low heat until it is smooth. 
2. Add milk and Bailey's and heat until it is the desired temperature. 
3. While it is heating, put heavy whipping cream in a bowl and mix it with a stand mixer or hand mixer until it is cream. 
4. Put in fun fancy mugs (ours are from our dear friend Lizzy) and enjoy! 



2 comments:

  1. I love this! And your blog is so cute I love it, thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews