Saturday, February 15, 2014

End table


Does your family have that one piece of furniture that nobody wants but nobody can get rid of?   Yep, that is this end table that I am about to up-cycle.   It was all scratched up and out of date but it was my great grandmas and nobody could get rid of it!  So, of course when we were in desperate need of furniture, I took it!  I knew I would paint it and turn it in to a beautiful table.  Here is how it went!


This was before I discovered bonding primer and I had to sand around all of those little spools.. ugh.  It took forever! 


I didn't have any primer so I just started with the paint.  I used a white eggshell paint.   It took about 3 coats to finish it completely.


Even though this is extremely poor picture quality you can see how beautiful it is now!  We love it and it adds to our look in the living room.  


What do you have that would look great with a coat of paint on it?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews