Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Easy, People-Pleasing Beer Bread

We are currently in the middle of the so called "monster storm" and we didn't rush out and by milk, bread, and eggs (WHY WOULD I DO THAT?)  but I did decide to make some bread to keep my house toasty and warm!  

This recipe was given to me from one of Eric's aunts and I absolutely love it! It is incredibly easy and requires NO kneading or rising!  That's right, NO KNEADING OR RISING!  

All you do is pour the ingredients in a bowl, mix them up, pour them into a pan, and cook it! 


I did add an egg wash and salt to the top because it isn't very "pretty" without it, and you know me,  I like pretty!  



Here's the recipe: 

Easy, People-Pleasing Beer Bread

3 Cups Flour
3 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 1/2 Teaspoons Salt
3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
12oz of Beer (Any kind) 
1 egg (optional) 
1 Tablespoon of water

1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Lightly grease a 9x5x3 loaf pan
3. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, granulated sugar, and beer, mix well.   The dough will be very sticky. 
4. Using a rubber spatula, pour into the prepared pan and bake for 45 min. 
5. Meanwhile, whisk egg and water together. After 45min take bread out of oven and baste with egg wash if desired.  Place bread back in oven for another 15min or until done. 
5. Dump out of pan onto a cooling rack and let bread cool until you can't take it any longer. 
6. Enjoy! 


1 comment:

  1. Made this on my snow day today. It turned out delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews