Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Best Cheddar Bay Biscuits

So, I have tried about 15 different Cheddar Bay Biscuit recipes until I decided to start combining them to create my own.  This recipe is THE BEST. 

Most of the recipes call for garlic powder, I switched it with minced garlic.  Then I put the oregano inside the biscuits instead of on top and voila!  They were out of this world!  I gave one to Eric and he literally fell on the floor (we are a little dramatic about it).  

BAKING TIP:  I always bake things on my pampered chef stone because they don't stick and they never burn on the bottom.  But, if you don't have a stone then you can use a regular baking sheet and just grease it. 


Here's the recipe:

2 Cups Bisquick 
3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1 1/2 Cups Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
2/3 Cup Milk
1 tsp (ish) Oregano
2 Tablespoons Melted Butter (for the top) 

1. Preheat oven to 400.  Grease a baking sheet. 
2. Combine bisquick, garlic, cheese, milk, and oregano in a bowl.   
3. Once the dough is mixed well, place it right onto the greased baking sheet (I usually use my small melon baller), make sure they are not smoothed out, they need to be kind of spiky. 
4. Bake for 10 minutes (or until golden brown on top). 
5. Meanwhile, melt the butter and grab a baster brush for when the biscuits come out. 
6. Once biscuits come out, place them onto a serving platter and baste with butter then grind some fresh sea salt over them.  
7. Serve warm and try not to eat all of them yourself! Enjoy!  









No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews