Saturday, October 11, 2014

Janie Brooke Fonda


We hosted a Halloween Zumbathon last night and it was a costume party!  My mind started racing for a costume that I could look good exercising in and that I wouldn't have to spend a lot of money on.    

First of all let me explain my key ingredients for a good costume.  

1. You have to have good hair and makeup. 
2. Go big or go home! 
3. Use your own clothes. 
4. Make sure you can become the character 

 So I finally came up with Jane Fonda!  Of course!  I am a workout instructor and I can totally pull this off.   So I went to work.  Well, of course I procrastinated and didn't actually put the costume together until the day before....  Whoops.  But it all came together so no big deal!  

Well, I HAD to have a leotard and I've realized I didn't have one so I called the local dance studio and luckily they had one in my size!  So I got that.   

I already had the pants.  They are a wonderful pair of Zumba pants that I normally wear to class.  If I didn't have those I would have just worn a pair of tights either nude or another color. 

I had the gold belt in my drawer but any big belt would work, although the gold really popped! The headband was a seam off of a t-shirt I had cut up a few weeks ago.   

 Then there were the leg warmers.  I had no leg warmers and it was 7:00 the night before and I had to have leg warmers.  I had vaguely remembered seeing a pin on Pinterest that showed cutting off the sleeves of a sweater to make leg warmers and I knew that was my best bet.  So I drove to goodwill and found the  pink sweater and the gold sweater.  I didn't know if the pink would work, so I got the gold too.   We got back so late I didn't have time to see if they worked until I was getting dressed.  When I finally got to cut them off they had to work because I was running out of time.  I cut them off at the seam and then made them even.  I put the arms upside down on my leg and they worked!!   I had to safety pin the bottoms but they worked!  

Then it was time for my hair so I TEASED and teased, and teased.  I started on one side and went all the way through my head.  Until I looked like this:



Then I tamed it as much as possible and made a poof in the front and then a second proof behind that.  Then I took the rest and gathered it into a ponytail.   I took the t-shirt band and put it under the pony tail around my head.   And then sprayed until the hairspray and tease formed a wonderful helmet around my head. 

For the makeup I did a really thick foundation with a lot of powder so it would last all night (and it did).  I did a lot of contour and a lot of rouge.  Then I did a ton of this amazing hot pink eyeshadow with black eyeliner topped with silver eyeliner to make it pop!  

I put on my gaudiest ear rings and I was ready to go power my way through the Zumbathon as Janie Brooke Fonda! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews